motherboard, there are a lot of variations.
In most cases, the messages are pretty similar to each other; Similar error messages, those that really mean the same thing but just use different wording, have their descriptions and diagnoses grouped together to make things simpler.
Some examples of error messages are:
- BIOS ROM checksum error – system halted
- Cache memory bad, do not enable cache!
- CMOS battery (has) failed
- CMOS checksum error
- CMOS display type mismatch
- Disk boot failure
- Disk boot failure, insert system disk and press Enter
- DMA #1 error
- FDD controller failure
- Keyboard error
- No boot sector on fixed disk – press F1 to retry boot Timer error